Wednesday, November 7, 2007

moving sometime somewhere i think maybe

I'd been trying to wait until we knew what our plans were before sending an update. After three weeks of waiting to get some resolution from Intel, I decided to just send a message. We won't be going to Israel until at least April. Supposedly we'll be moving to Phoenix but we aren't exactly sure when that will happen (sometime between next week and April.) Hopefully we'll still be able to go to Ohio for Christmas but there are no guarantees of anything besides the certainty that Intel will change the schedule again.
Anyhow, we are doing well in Oregon. After three weeks of rain (when we had company), the weather has been gorgeous the last few weeks. A bit cool, but blue skies and sunshine. The boys are both doing their best to keep life interesting. After Alejandro mastered the rock wall at the park, he attempted to climb "Mount Dresser" during his nap time which toppled over and pinned his legs. I heard the crash and was up the stairs before the shock and pain had a chance to set in. Of course in the few milliseconds of silence before the tears, I had presumed the worst and six hairs turned white. Since then he just empties his dresser to make a mountain out of his clothes. Alejandro wanted to carve an anatomically correct pumpkin because he insisted everyone needed to know it was a boy pumpkin, not a girl one. He really enjoyed trick-or-treating and thought we could go again on November 1st because some people still might have candy. He's become very independent and needs to do everything by himself. He helped himself to a blackberry milkshake as you can see below. Apparently. Alfonso's English still needs some work because when I said "Quick! Bring a towel!" he came running with the camera.
Dante's vocab has really taken off the past couple weeks. He points to and says all the parts of the face by name (all in English, a few in Spanish) but it is a bit hazardous when he gets to eyes. I honestly believe he's trying to pop mine out of their sockets. He's learning to share and take turns and follows Alejandro around trying to give him things. It's really quite sweet. He hasn't quite mastered Alejandro's name so he calls him "brother" instead. He loves to play chase and I'm exhausted way before he ever gets bored. But his new favorite game is flipping on and off the lights now that he can reach the switches. Dante is also climbing and jumping/falling/rolling/sliding off of the couch/bed/table/toy box. Anyone want to take a guess on how many trips to the emergency room I'll be making in the next ten years?
love always,
debi

No comments: